Artistic Director Job Description
- Plan and select music for the regular concert season and other performances as they are scheduled.
- Select dates and reserve venues for each concert season.
- Conduct regular rehearsals in preparation for each scheduled concert.
- Conduct an interview/audition process (if desired) to select members for participation in Chorale performances, and determine that each member is singing in the most appropriate section, i.e., soprano, alto, tenor, or bass.
- Select and direct the accompanist and other artistic personnel as appropriate.
- Make public appearances with or without other Chorale members in order to publicize upcoming concerts.
- Prepare and present Artistic Director’s Report at board meetings.
- Serve on the budget writing committee.
- Other duties as may arise during the course of the contractual arrangement.